Since 1951, Community Financial has proudly served its members and its community – it’s no mistake that “community” is in our name. Throughout the years, we’ve been dedicated to financial soundness. This has enabled us to grow with our membership to best meet their needs while providing exceptional service. Our commitment to giving back drives our enthusiasm for education and charitable giving.
It all began back in 1951 when the beloved Daisy Air Rifle Company, Plymouth’s principal employer, formed the Daisy Employees Federal Credit Union. Once Daisy moved south in 1958, the credit union applied for and was granted a community charter and changed its name to Plymouth Community Federal Credit Union.
In 1968, Plymouth Community Federal was granted an operating charter to serve the Plymouth, Plymouth Township and Canton communities. Our membership base expanded in 1977 to include the city and township of Northville, so we changed our name to Community Federal Credit Union. A merger with Montsego Credit Union in 1983 helped us continue to grow by extending our membership to Northern Michigan’s Montmorency County and Otsego Counties.
To better illustrate our wide scope of financial products and services, as well as our extensive field of membership, we officially changed our name to Community Financial in 2003. We’ve expanded our award-winning student-run credit unions in community schools and have been voted one of the “101 Best & Brightest Companies to Work for in Metro Detroit” several years in a row.
Over the years, Community Financial Credit Union has grown and expanded our membership base through our conversion to a state charter in 2013. The credit union now has 13 branch locations, over $900 million in assets, and serves over 75,000 members.
Every day we stay committed to our Michigan communities and members. For a complete timeline of Community Financial's major accomplishments, visit our social media accounts.Go to main navigation