9th Annual Warming Hearts & Homes: You Click, We Donate!
Warming Hearts & Homes charitable campaign! Throughout the month of December, Community Financial will donate up to $40,000* to local nonprofit organizations that provide heat, food, shelter and clothing to Michigan families in need.
During the winter months, cold weather puts extra strain on families, some of whom are forced to choose between paying utilities and putting food on the table. Not only that, but COVID-19 has put strain on many households as well, which means this may be the hardest winter yet. Community Financial remains dedicated to supporting the fight against cold and hunger in Michigan each winter.
As a member of our community, you’re invited to participate in this year’s campaign by getting social with us! Each week in December we will post on social media about the different organizations below.
- Week 1, November 30th – Dec 6th: Assist the Habitat for Humanity of Western Wayne County, Ostego County Habitat for Humanity, and The Habitat for Humanity of Northeast Michigan in providing safe and adequate housing for those in need.
- Week 2, December 7th – 13th: Aid local chapters of The Salvation Army’s “Coats for Kids” program in both our North and South locations
- Week 3, December 14th – 20th: Help stock the shelves at Forgotten Harvest and the Food Bank of Eastern Michigan.
- Week 4, December 21st – 27th: Help The Heat and Warmth Fund (THAW) provide emergency energy assistance for individuals and families.
HERE'S HOW YOU CAN HELP:
- Like, share, or comment on our Facebook posts – @Community Financial
- Like, retweet, or reply to our posts on Twitter – @cfcreditunion #CFCUwarms
- Like or comment on our pictures on Instagram – @communityfinancial
NEW THIS YEAR:
· Text “Warm” to (877) 937-2328!
For each interaction or text we receive, Community Financial will donate $25 to the organizations of the week, up to $10,000 per week!
“Warming Hearts & Homes is an easy way for people to get involved and help others in their local communities,” said Manager/Community Relations Natalie McLaughlin. “Each winter, local families are faced with challenges. Through this campaign, Community Financial is honored to help the community face the cold with heat for their homes, coats for their children, safe shelter and food.”
Giving back to your community has never been easier! To learn more about the Warming Hearts & Homes Campaign visit cfcu.org/warms.
Together we can make a difference in our communities this holiday season.
*Each charity will receive up to $10,000 during the month of December.
« Return to "Money Matter$ Blog"
- Share on Facebook: 9th Annual Warming Hearts & Homes: You Click, We Donate!
- Share on Twitter: 9th Annual Warming Hearts & Homes: You Click, We Donate!
- Share on LinkedIn: 9th Annual Warming Hearts & Homes: You Click, We Donate!
- Share on Pinterest: 9th Annual Warming Hearts & Homes: You Click, We Donate!