CREDIT CARD FRAUD PROTECTION
Our highest priority is the security of your accounts and personal information. Community Financial will never ask you to provide “on-the-spot” information. We won’t email, call, or text you asking for personal or account information, such as card number, PIN, security code, or eBanking credentials. We offer you a variety of ways to help keep your credit card protected.
- Fraud Alerts- Your Community Financial Mastercard® debit and credit card(s) are automatically enrolled into fraud alerts. If you receive a text from short code: 21556, an email, or phone call from Community Financial indicating there may be fraudulent activity on your debit or credit card, please respond. This is a legitimate alert from Community Financial Credit Union.
- Mastercard ID Theft Protection- Safeguard your identity with Mastercard ID Theft ProtectionTM. It’s added peace of mind at no cost.* Register for ID Theft Protection.
Mastercard Identity Check- Safeguard and secure your account when shopping online. We will review your transactions and in some cases need to speak with you to verify your identity. A pop up message will appear, do not close out of the transaction. Call the Mastercard ID Check phone number at 866-570-1235 which is displayed in the message. Once the data is verified, the merchant will complete your purchase. You can enjoy peace of mind in knowing that your purchase was protected with an extra layer of enhanced security with Mastercard Identity Check.
- Quick Launch Text Alerts- Enroll to receive a text message or email when your card is used. Set custom alerts for transaction types and dollar amounts for:
- Purchases over a selected amount
- International purchases
- Online and phone purchases where the card is not physically present
- Declined transactions
- Mastercard's Zero Liability Program
- To report a stolen or missing card call (877) 937-2328.