October 20th is International Credit Union Day!
International Credit Union (ICU) Day® has been celebrated on the third Thursday of October since 1948. It’s a day recognizing and celebrating the impactful history of the credit union movement and its unique spirit and philosophy. This year, ICU Day is October 20th!
Each year, the Credit Union National Association (CUNA) and the World Council of Credit Unions select a theme for ICU Day. This year’s theme is: “Empower your financial future with a credit union.”
At Community Financial, we use International Credit Union Day as an opportunity to celebrate YOU, our members! Visit us in-branch on Thursday, October 20th for more helpful tips to empowering your own financial future.
Curious how credit unions are different from big banks?
Credit unions build their members up and help them pave the way to an empowered financial future by offering superior service, increased dividend rates, and lower maintenance fees on accounts. But, most importantly, credit unions are built by the community. That means you, our members, are both the reason we exist and the reason we craft our products and services to best suit the community as a whole. Without our members, we wouldn’t be in the position we are today to provide personalized service and charitable donations that help the community grow, thrive, and rise up even stronger than before.
Looking for ways to celebrate International Credit Union Day in your own home? Here are 6 of our favorite credit union activities:
- Don’t have a credit union account yet? Open one today and start feeling the credit union difference first-hand!
- Get social! Post a link to your credit union’s website with an adjoining post about how your credit union empowered you.
- Write a thank you letter to the representatives at your credit union who have helped you through the years.
- Join a credit union parade.
- Watch a movie featuring a credit union, such as Sally Floss: Digital Detective.
- We love seeing your faces! Stop by your local credit union branch to say “hi!”
Thank you to each and every one of our members, team members, and Board of Directors who have transformed Community Financial into the community pillar it currently is. You are the reason why we do what we do and we are privileged to work with you to create a better financial future, together.
« Return to "Money Matter$ Blog"