Create Your Own Photo Shoot
Where should you look for props?
- Your best bet for cheap props is your local dollar store
- Try discount shops like Five Below
- Most box stores have an aisle of clearance or 5-and-under items
- Make something at home! Take empty boxes, paint, scissors and glue and create something new
What makes a good prop?
Just about anything can be a cool prop for a DIY photo shoot, but here are some of our favorites:
- Oversized glasses and hats
- An old frame (pop out the back and the glass and viola!)
- Masquerade masks
- Colorful poster board or table clothes (to make fun backdrops)
- Feather boas
- Fake flowers
With the crisp February winter, you may be tempted to throw in the towel and cuddle up by the fire. But don’t let the cold deter you! Some of the best pictures are taken outside in the cold. And while you can definitely opt to stay indoors and take pictures in front of your fun, table cloth backdrops, here are some other on-location options:
- Your own backyard
- Neighborhood park
- In a forest
- Local hiking spot
- In front of brick walls (graffiti is a plus!)
- By water (lakes and oceans make great nature backdrops)
Your Turn: Tell us all about your homemade photo shoot in the comments below.
« Return to "Money Matter$ Blog"