Community Financial Scholarship Program
Community Financial Scholarship Fund, in collaboration with the Community Foundation of Plymouth (CFP) and the Ann Arbor Area Community Foundation (AAACF), awards scholarships to college bound members each year. In 2017, 21 - $1,000 scholarships will be awarded.
2017 scholarship applications are now available online at aaacf.org/scholarships.
For more than 30 years the Community Financial Scholarship Fund has proudly supported community-minded students. Annual scholarships are granted to outstanding credit union members who demonstrate high honors in school while contributing to their community. The Fund administers scholarships in honor of Ron Carlson and in memory of Margaret Dunning and George Lawton, all of whom epitomize the credit union's "People Helping People" philosophy.Questions? Email Us
Applicants must have their own personal Community Financial account and have it opened a minimum of six months (on or before September 14, 2016) prior to submitting their application. Please note that being a beneficiary on another person's account does not qualify
- Have been accepted at or applied to an accredited college, university or trade school full or part-time for the 2017 Fall semester
- Judging will be based on: academic performance, community service, extra-curricular activities, letter of recommendation, job/employment, answer to essay question on application and financial need
- Applicants may be male, female, and of any ethnic or religious affiliation
- Previous recipients and applicants are eligible to apply again if they still meet the eligibility criteria
- Online application
- Latest transcript submitted with online application
- Scholarship Recommendation Form- completed by someone who is not a relative or family member
- Last 4 digits of the CFCU account number (must be entered into the online application)