Community Financial puts it members first in all it does, including being there when you need it most. If you’ve had a major change in your financial situation recently and find you may have difficulties making your loan obligations – please give us a call. We’re here to work with you and help you though these challenging times.
If you’re worried about making your loan payments, please visit your local branch, call us at (877) 937-2328 or e-mail the loan department.
Feeling overwhelmed by your finances? You’re not alone. Community Financial offers our members FREE access to professional financial counseling services through Accel Members Financial Counseling. They offer:
- Financial Counseling Sessions – Focusing on your concerns and needs, you’ll receive a detailed worksheet and action plan provided by an Accel financial counselor.
- Credit Report Counseling – Learn how to understand your credit report and credit score.
- Debt Management Plan (DMP) – Work with an Accel financial counselor who’ll contact your creditors to negotiate concessions and/or work out a loan payment agreement.
Get help today, call Accel Members Financial Counseling at (877) 332-2235 or visit www.accelservices.org.
Financial counselors are available:
|Mon. – Thurs.||8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.|
|Friday||8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.|
|Saturday||9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.|
United Way 211 Assistance Line
2-1-1 is the health and human service equivalent of 9-1-1 to give or get help spearheaded by United Way. Trained professionals are happy to assist you with non-emergency information covering a variety of services. Including:
- After school programs
- Adult day services
- Medical or prescription assistance
- Credit counseling
- Mortgage assistance
- Food or utility assistance
- Emergency shelter
- Substance abuse programs
Call 211 if you need help. Calls are free to the user, answered 24/7/365 by professional Information and Referral Specialists.